FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the House open every day?
Is the House timed and are there any tours?
Can I have to buy tickets online?
Can I pay by credit card?
What age is child?
Are you open in the winter?
No, we close at the middle of September and the Gardens reopen in February, with the House reopening in March.
However, Group Visits to the House and Gardens are welcome throughout the year.
Are you part of National Trust or English Heritage?
What are the benefits for Historic Houses Association (HHA) members and friends?
What are the benefits for Gardeners’ World members?
Am I able to make a group booking in advance?
Is there a tea room?
The grounds of the Estate include a variety of surfaces, including cobblestones, flagstones, grass, gravel and wood. These can be uneven and steep in places, with steps in certain areas.
- Wheelchair Access: There is limited access for wheelchairs, pushchairs, sight and hearing dogs.
- Motorised Scooters: These are not permitted in the House
- Accessible Parking: There are designated disabled parking spaces near the House
- Accessible Toilets: There is an accessible toilet in the block by the side of Kingston Bagpuize House
- Tea Room Access: As access to the Tea Room is in the basement, tea can be brought up into the seated area in the garden.
- Carers: For visitors who require the assistance of a carer, the accompanying carer can enter the House and gardens free of charge.
First Aid: Many of our staff have first response first aid training. Should you require assistance please ask any member of staff.
Emergency Procedure: In an emergency please contact a member of staff.
Is there parking?
Are dogs allowed in the House and Gardens?
Can I smoke?
Can I take photos in the House and Gardens?
There are restrictions. Kingston Bagpuize House is a privately owned estate.
- Visitors to House and Gardens Photography is permitted in the gardens however, photography in the House is restricted and subject to permission.
- General filming and photography For all commercial photography and filming please contact Kingston Bagpuize House
- Wedding photography and filming Only those getting married or having their wedding breakfast at Kingston Bagpuize House have permission to have their wedding photos taken.
- Drones The use of drones, or small unmanned aircraft, without prior permission is strictly prohibited.