FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the House open every day?
No it’s not. Throughout the season the House is only open on selected Sundays and Mondays. In July and August, Tuesdays are included. See our Opening Times.
Is the House timed and are there any tours?
The House is open from 2.00pm-4.00pm (last entry to the House is 4.00pm). There are guides if you have any questions; it is mostly self-guided.
Can I have to buy tickets online?
No, we do not have that facility at the moment.
Can I pay by credit card?
Yes you can, at the admission gate when it’s manned, if not, pay admission fee up at the House.
What age is child?
A child is 5 to 11 years inclusive. Under 11s have free admission. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
The grounds of the Estate include a variety of surfaces, including cobblestones, flagstones, grass, gravel and wood. Please be aware that these can be uneven and steep in places, with steps in certain areas.
- Wheelchair Access: There is limited access for wheelchairs and pushchairs. We regret there is no wheelchair access into the House. Only assistance dogs are permitted in the House and Gardens.
- Motorised Scooters: These are not permitted in the House
- Accessible Parking: There are designated disabled parking spaces near the House
- Accessible Toilets: There is an accessible toilet in the block by the side of Kingston Bagpuize House
- Tea Room Access: As access to the Tea Room is in the basement, tea can be brought up into the seated area in the garden.
- Carers: For visitors who require the assistance of a carer, the accompanying carer can enter the House and Gardens free of charge.
First Aid: Many of our staff have first response first aid training. Should you require assistance please ask any member of staff.
Emergency Procedure: In an emergency please contact a member of staff.
Are dogs allowed in the House and Gardens?
Only assistance dogs are permitted in the House and Gardens.
Is there parking?
Yes, there is free car and coach parking. Parking is entirely at owners’ risk. We will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to vehicle or contents.
Are you open in the winter?
No, we close at the middle of September and the Gardens reopen in February, with the House reopening in March.
However, Group Visits to the House and Gardens are welcome throughout the year.
Are you part of National Trust or English Heritage?
No, however we do have partnerships with the Historic Houses (HH) and Gardeners’ World.
What are the benefits for Historic Houses (HH) members and friends?
Free entry into the House and Gardens except for Charity events, such as the Rare Plant Fair and Village Fete.
What are the benefits for Gardeners’ World members?
There is a 2 for 1 offer, free entry into the House and Gardens for one person, and the other person pays. If you’re by yourself, then there is a 25% reduction.
Am I able to make a group booking in advance?
Yes, you can, group bookings need to be made in advance and are available on weekdays not opened to the public. Please contact us here.
Is there a tea room?
Yes there is, in the basement of the House. There are eight steps with a handrail. We sell homemade scones and cakes, coffee, teas and soft drinks.
Can I smoke?
We have a no smoking policy in all of our buildings. Smoking is permitted in the grounds.
Can I take photos in the House and Gardens?
There are restrictions. Kingston Bagpuize House is a privately owned estate.
- Visitors to House and Gardens Photography is permitted in the gardens however, photography in the House is restricted and subject to permission.
- General filming and photography For all commercial photography and filming please contact Kingston Bagpuize House
- Wedding photography and filming Only those getting married or having their wedding breakfast at Kingston Bagpuize House have permission to have their wedding photos taken.
- Drones The use of drones, or small unmanned aircraft, without prior permission is strictly prohibited.
Are there lavatories available?
Yes there are, by the side of the House. There are baby change facilities in the Disabled Lavatory.
If you need any further information then please contact us or call 01865 820259